Quality Engineer/Site Auditor
An exciting opportunity has become available to develop your skills to the highest industry standards while earning competitive salaries with a leading Civil Engineering & Construction main contractor with over 38 years’ experience in the successful delivery of infrastructural projects specialising in the innovative execution of complex Irish Civil Engineering projects. We are seeking a Quality Engineer/Site Auditor to join our team for the Leinster/Ulster region.
Salary: Competitive salary incl pension contribution scheme, income protection.
Location: Ireland Leinster/Ulster (Site/Head Office based)
• Liaise with the management teams, site and office personnel to ensure compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Liaise and agree roles and responsibilities for document control on specific Projects within the document management system
• Regularly inspect the works for compliance with specification, quality of workmanship, current standards and Regulations
• Liaise with Site Management and subcontractors in relation to test and commissioning certificates and documentation
• Work with others in the company to develop, promote, and achieve improvements and higher standards in the quality of company operations and completed works
• Review and coordinate all material test reports in conjunction with Site Engineer, ensuring all non-conformances are identified and closed out to the satisfaction of the Client and Contracts Manager in a timely manner
• Support the Project Manager/ Contracts Manager/ Senior Engineer to ensure works are completed as per programme and to a high quality.
• Carry out site audits on material control and general procedures
• Review inspection reports and ensure that any issues raised are closed out and monitored in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the client
• Ensure that the quality management system and quality control procedures are implemented, that inspections take place, and that records are kept.
• Issue monthly and weekly reports to Manager in relation to the documentation on site and audit findings
• Track KPIs across sites and formulate reports, work with site team on preventative and action reports
• Quality induction training for new engineers and similar roles
Candidate Information and Requirements
• Minimum Degree qualification or higher
• Must have 2-5 years’ experience in Quality/Construction role
• Internal auditing experience beneficial
• Strong written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
• Possess ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to read drawings would be beneficial
• Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Microsoft Office and Project/PowerPoint and a knowledge of Quality management databases would be an advantage.
“Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that woman and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Jons we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You might be just the right candidate for this or other roles.”