This contract refers to various construction works which were undertaken to provide much needed flood alleviation works along the River Dargle in the heart of Bray and adjacent to the busy town park and traffic junctions.
A public liaison initiative was in place throughout the project to maintain communication with the local residents and business owners
The works included:
• Installation of over 3000m of flood protection walls and embankments on the bank of the River Dargle and works to two tributaries. It involved Piled reinforced Concrete Walls, Granite Clad Anchored Sheet pile walls, regraded embankment with rock armour scour protection
• Dredging over 75,000m3 of the main river channel and installation of 13,000t of rock armour to the banks
• Strengthening and scour protection to the existing railway (Historic Masonry Bridge) and road bridges within Bray Harbour
• Installation of specialized fisheries measures
• Design and construction of two reinforced concrete walls on the riverbank as emergency slope stabilization
• Flood protection works to County Brook tributary
• Lower Dargle Road Pavement Upgrade, drainage, Utilities diversion, street lighting and footpaths.
Wicklow County Council
Bray, County Wicklow
Main Contractor and PSCS
John, I am very proud to report that the Flood Defence Scheme received an award at the EI/ESB excellence awards last Friday night. This would not have been possible without the high quality of works and the professional manner in which the various contracts were completed by the JONS Team.
Thanks for contributing to the achievement of this award.