The N21 Castleisland to Abbeyfeale Road Improvement Scheme forms part of the N21 National Primary Route between Castleisland in Co Kerry and Abbeyfeale in Co Limerick.
The contract comprised of the design, execution and completion of the N21 Castleisland to Abbeyfeale road improvement scheme.
The principal features of the works included:
• The construction of 7.1 km of wide 2 lane single carriageway
• 10 no. principle structures; (including 2 river crossings)
• The culverting of all streams
• The diversion of all major and minor services affected by the works
• Accommodation works and all other associated works necessary for the successful completion of the works and the contract
• Substantial earthworks in excess of 400,000m3
Kerry County Council
Castleisland, County Kerry
Roughan and O Donovan
Main Contractor, PSCS and PSDP